Frequently Asked Questions

If there is no parenting order in place, is one parent allowed to leave the jurisdiction with a child without the consent of the other parent

If the parents are still married, whether separated or not, they have joint custody by law, and neither can remove the child from the jurisdiction without the consent of the other.

The issue can be more complex if the parties were not married and did not live together before the birth of the child. Legal advice should be obtained in such a situation as it involves a determination of rights of guardianship.

Schedule your 30 Minute Consultation Today Contact Us

Back to Top